Ollie's closeup
...thoughts from Ollie's peasized brain...
HOWDY BUCKAROOS! I'm Ollie, a long nosed leopard lizard. I hail from Murrietta, Nevada but I currently hang my hat in San Diego. Although I was born August 2004, I'm a hardcore Democrat. But above all else, I loves them crickets!

Monday, April 4

Happy spring!

I can finally feel the sun! Spring has finally arrived here in San Diego. I've been spending a few hours each day soaking up real sunlight (no more relying in bulbs for me) and my appetite has returned. Hopefully it will mean I will pack on a few more pounds and grow a bit more.

Preparations for the impending eggs have been made. Bought an incubator this weekend. The brand is called the Hova-bator. Basically a container with a heating source and temperature contol. It looks chintzy especially since the container is basically a styrofoam box with two viewable windows. The eggs have to be at a variable temperature of 85 degrees. A variable temperature will ensure hatchlings of mixed sexes rather than just all male or female. This is starting to get exciting.


Me digging out in the morning.

2 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger red one said...

Ahh, the digging pic is sweet :-)
Good luck with those eggs - I can't wait to see loads of baby lizards. I'm imagining a minature lizard about half an inch long - no idea if they're hatched bigger or smaller than that... and is there a special name for young lizards?
RedOne

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Miss Wired said...

Eeee! Little Ollies! How cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home