Ollie's closeup
...thoughts from Ollie's peasized brain...
HOWDY BUCKAROOS! I'm Ollie, a long nosed leopard lizard. I hail from Murrietta, Nevada but I currently hang my hat in San Diego. Although I was born August 2004, I'm a hardcore Democrat. But above all else, I loves them crickets!

Monday, November 14

The blunt nosed leopard lizard



Here's a short but sad story brought to you by Ollie.

I would like to introduce you to the blunt nosed leopard lizard (Gambelia silus). Due to construction and vanishing habitat in San Joaquin Valley located in California, they have become endangered and are now protected by the Federal government. There are approximately 60,000 left and the numbers are dwindling every year.

The blunt nosed leopard lizard are not the only animals being affected. Other animals include the giant kangaroo rat and the riparian brush rabbit.

1 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger Puggyspice said...

That is sad :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home