Ollie's closeup
...thoughts from Ollie's peasized brain...
HOWDY BUCKAROOS! I'm Ollie, a long nosed leopard lizard. I hail from Murrietta, Nevada but I currently hang my hat in San Diego. Although I was born August 2004, I'm a hardcore Democrat. But above all else, I loves them crickets!

Friday, July 22

Nicky is ill

The return of Nicky
Nicky during her better days.

One of my fellow lizards, Nicky, has fallen ill. She has been slowly losing weight and not herself that past few weeks (meaning less jumping and covorting with me). The concern for her became so overwhelming that she paid a visit to Dr. Cecil who successfully treated me earlier this year for calcium deficiency.

Dr. Cecil suspects that Nicky's production of eggs and reabsorbing it back into her body (she never dropped them like Paris) placed stress on her liver. She's being held overnight at the Avian and Exotic Animal Hospital with Dr. Cecil and will be given a round of antibiotics and an IV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home